One of the most powerful tools in decision making today is the spreadsheet modelling technique where electronic spreadsheet is used to build the model and various techniques from the field of management science/operations research are used to obtain solution. Spreadsheet modelling is used in logistics, inventory management, project management, cash flow management, portfolio management, crew scheduling, aircraft scheduling etc.
This programme is developed specifically for manufacturing operations. Few decisions that are expected are:
- Determining optimal mix of ingredients to produce desired grade of final product at minimum cost
- Planning production and inventory levels that will meet demand for next several periods at most economical way
- Determining least costly schedule of machine replacement over a specified length of time
- Determining multi-product production schedule that will maximise returns where a manufactured product can be sold or can be used as input for manufacturing other products
- Scheduling employees to jobs that will minimise manpower cost
Participants to this course will be introduced to the techniques of building models using spreadsheet and various techniques from the field of management science/operations research useful in finding solutions to manufacturing operations. At the end of the programme participants should be able to apply them in their work.
- Linear programming technique for maximising return/minimising cost
- ‘What-if’ analysis when constraints change
- Network models when a manufacturing operation is a chain of activities
- Goal programming technique when objective is to achieve more than one goal of maximisation/minimisation
- Monte Carlo Simulation to model a complex manufacturing operation
Microsoft Excel and Premium Solver developed by Frontline Systems Inc. will be used for spreadsheet modelling. Participants will also be introduced to Risk Solver platform.
This programme is for those who are actively involved in manufacturing operation. They will be persons in junior and middle level management having good knowledge of manufacturing operation.
Mr. Chandrakant Y Nimkar is M.A. in Statistics from University of Mumbai. He has rich corporate experience of about 26 years with leading organizations like Operations Research Group, Indian Sewing Machine Company Ltd., Cipla and Ranbaxy covering areas of marketing research and MIS. He is now a visiting faculty in various B-schools involved in numerous teaching assignments in the field of marketing research and management science.
Indo-German Training Centre, 2-B, Vulcan Insurance Building, 2nd Floor, Veer Nariman Road, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400020.
The training program will be conducted from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm on both days.
- Rs. 10,000/- +10.3% tax = Rs. 11,030/-
- 10% Group Discount for 3 or more participants from the same organization for the same programme.
- Payments should be made by Cash / Cheque favouring Indo-German Training Centre, Mumbai.
For more details, please call Ms. Sajita Pradeep at 91-22-22846831 / 22834773 or mail email@example.com at the earliest or visit our website www.igtcindia.com.